Diocesan Youth Camp
For many are called, but few are chosen." Matthew 22:44
It is with great joy that we invite your parish high school youth to attend our Diocesan Youth Camp which will take place at Camp Ondessonk beginning Saturday March 16 to Sunday March 17, 2019. The theme of this Camp is "CHOSEN." This Camp is designed to help participants enter into a deeper relationship with God through youth-led talks, interactions with peers and nature, Mass, Reconciliation and other fun activities. The cost for attending the Camp is $75.00 per person for Saturday & Sunday (includes lodging at Camp Ondessonk on Saturday) or $50.00 per person for Sunday only.
This event is sponsored by the Diocesan Office of Religious Education and Youth Ministry, the Diocesan Youth Ministry Advisory Board and the Diocesan Youth Ministry Advisory Council.
Each parish in the Diocese of Belleville will receive a packet over the Christmas Holy Days containing the necessary materials and information to promote and register their high school youth and their adult chaperones for the event. Below are the items contained in the packet in an electronic format:
- Memo from Jaime Gil, Director of Religious Education and Youth Ministry
- Promotional Poster (English)
- Promotional Poster (Spanish)
- Registration, Medical Information and Consent Form (English) - Deadline to return to the Adult Youth Minister - February 24th
- Registration, Medical Information and Consent Form (Spanish) - Deadline to return to the Adult Youth Minister - February 24th
- Camp Ondessonk Waiver of Claim Form (English)
- Camp Ondessonk Waiver of Claim Form (Spanish - Available January 2019)
- Medication Form (English)
- Child Protection Requirements
- Camp Ondessonk User Group Agreement/Rules and Regulations - for Adult Youth Minister (one per parish)
- Camp Ondessonk Camper Behavior Agreement (English & Spanish)
- Diocesan Policy 6153.1 on Sleeping and Overnight Arrangements
- Volunteer Driver Form
Group On-line Registration Form and Credit Card Payment Option
Group On-line Registration - Option to Send in Check for Payment
Note: When registering, don't forget to indicate t-shirt size!
Group Registration should be done by the Adult Youth Minister by March 1, 2019.