- Only 1% of abortions are performed because of rape or incest.
- 1% of abortions are performed because of the mother's health problems.
- 3% of abortions are performed because of fetal abnormalities.
- 95% of abortions are performed as a means of birth control or to end an unplanned pregnancy.
- Half of all abortions are performed on women who chose to use abortion as their only means of birth control.
- 43% of women who have abortions will have two or more.
- Every fourth baby conceived dies from abortion in this country.
That's 1.4 million every year. 4000 deaths every day - more than were killed in the September 11th tragedies. 1 baby is killed every 22 seconds.
There are better choices!
The average abortion takes 5 to 10 minutes. The average wait for a couple wanting to adopt a child is 2 to 10 years.
Frightened? "What if after I have the baby I think I have made a mistake, I just don't want/can't handle want this baby?" You can still make the right choice for both of you. Illinois has a safe haven law to allow you to legally, safely, and privately (no one will ask your name) make sure your baby has a good home. Please click here to learn more!