Diocesan Board of Education
Diocese of Belleville
INSTRUCTION - ELEMENTARY
Homework –School work done at Home
The purpose of assigning homework for pupils in our Catholic school shall be to reinforce student confidence in abilities and used to practice for understanding.
- used sparingly, assigned strategically after it is carefully thought out and connected to an appropriate learning standard.
- reviewed immediately the next class day after assigning when it is due.
- brief with students having the opportunity to complete it within the school day.
Homework is not:
- assigned as a punishment
- assigned when any test is scheduled for the subject the following day.
- used to introduce new material to the students.
- used merely to keep the students busy.
- to influence or count toward quarterly or semester grades.
Adopted: May 9, 1996
Revised: March 20, 2018
The Most Reverend Edward K. Braxton
Bishop of Belleville