Diocesan Board of Education
Diocese of Belleville
Food Allergy Management
The implementation of an effective food allergy plan will take the coordination of parents, physicians, teachers, administrator, secretary and kitchen staff.
The attached forms shall be kept in the students’ permanent record file:
- Allergy Assessment Form (Sent home by secretary to be completed by parents)
- Authorization for Emergency Form (Sent home by secretary to be completed by
- Medical Alert Form for Teachers (Copies also kept by teacher of student with allergy)
- Medical Alert to Parents Form (Informs parents not to send food to school containing allergen)
- Individual Health Care Plan form (To be completed by parents to provide guidelines for staff)
All staff will be required to have training on food allergy management at least once every two years. This training reviews the handling of students who are in a food allergy emergency, as well as use of an epinephrine auto-injector (Epi-Pen).
Approved: March 22, 2011