Diocesan Board of Education
Diocese of Belleville
BUSINESS AND NON-INSTRUCTIONAL OPERATIONS
Tuition Fees - High Schools
The tuition fee of each Catholic high school of the Diocese of Belleville shall be determined by the board of each high school in accord with the following and recommended to the Bishop for his approval:
- Tuition fees in the high schools shall be established so that together with the parish and diocesan support and other fund raising income, the schools will have sufficient income to have a balanced budget.
- Tuition fees shall be set so that, together with scholarship programs, tuition assistance, and special allowances for siblings, Catholic high school education will remain available for all parents who sincerely want it for their children.
- Tuition fees for students not affiliated with a Catholic parish in the Diocese of Belleville may have their tuition rates adjusted in a reasonable manner.
- Tuition fees shall be increased at a reasonable rate in order to absorb a proportionate share of the rising costs of Catholic education.
- All tuition fees must be reviewed by the Director of Education before the changes in tuition fees are announced.
Adopted:February 15, 1973
Revised:January 20, 2009
The Most Reverend Edward K. Braxton
Bishop of Belleville