The goal of this two-year program is to increase the number of well- trained Lay Ecclesial (Church) Ministers for servant leadership...to renew and rebuild Catholic life in our Parish Partnerships according to The Pastoral Plan for Parish Renewal and Restructuring.
Parishioners who are chosen and who answer the call to become Lay Ecclesial Ministers will assist Pastors with their responsibilities. Maximum four (4) participants per Parish Partnership.
Eight sessions per year, beginning on Saturday, September 16, 2017 and on the third Saturday of the month, September through May (no meeting in December) 2017-18 and 2018-19.
Two-Year Program of Worship, Formation and Outreach based on the two major documents of the Second Vatican Council: Lumen Gentium (The Dogmatic Constitution on the Church) and Gaudium et Spes (The Pastoral Constitution on the Church in the Modern World).
The monthly sessions will be in Belleville, Marion or Mt. Vernon.
In consultation with the pastoral leaders of the Parishes, Pastors will seek parishioners who exhibit:
· a living appreciation for Sacred Scripture
· a deep reverence for the Holy Eucharist
· an active prayer life
· an exemplary moral life
· a spirit of cooperation with laity and clergy
· an acceptance by members of and an involvement in the life of the community
· a strong desire and ability to bring others into the life of the parish
· an awareness of the societal and cultural needs of the parishes
· an availability to serve amid personal and family obligations.
The Pastor and applicant then complete the necessary application.
Into My Vineyard is funded primarily by the Diocese of Belleville. Shared cost for the parishes is $150 per participant per year.
...into My Vineyard