Diocesan Board of Education
Diocese of Belleville
Resources for Teachers
Helping Teachers – Volunteers
Procedures for volunteers in the Belleville Diocese are as follows:
- All volunteers must be approved by the Program Administrator, Director of Religious Education, Pastoral Associate, Principal or Coordinator of Religious Education at least one day prior to being involved in a school or PSR/Faith Formation Program.
- All volunteers must be in compliance with Child Protection Policy Diocese of Belleville. The proper forms and Child Protection Training must be completed.
- All volunteers must agree to hold in confidence all staff or student concerns/issues which may be brought to their attention as a result of their volunteer status in the school or PSR/Faith Formation Program.
- All volunteers must have a specific role or task along with appropriate supervision.
- All schools and PSR/Faith Formation Programs shall keep a personnel fileon every staff person and volunteer connected with the school or PSR/Faith Formation Program. This includes coaches, cafeteria workers, teacher aides, playground supervisors, room mothers, crossing guards, etc.
- All schools and PSR/Faith Formation Programs must establish procedures, whereby no one shall be admitted to the school during the time students are present without first signing in at the school office and obtaining permission from the Principal, Director of Religious Education, Pastoral Associate or Coordinator or Religious Education.
Adopted: March 21, 1994
Revised: May 16, 2006
The Most Reverend Edward K. Braxton
Bishop of Belleville