Diocesan Board of Education
Diocese of Belleville
Instructional Services - Field Trips - Sleeping and Overnight Arrangements
Any parish or school activity that includes an overnight stay for youth age 18 and under, must comply with the following rules:
- Male and female leaders/chaperons are required to have separate sleeping facilities. Married couples may share the same quarters if appropriate facilities are available.
- Male and female students/children will not share the same sleeping facilities.
- No students/children may stay in the same sleeping facilities of an adult, other than his/her parent or guardian.
- All leaders/chaperons must be at least 21 years of age and have completed all requirements according to Child Protection Policy.
- The ratio of students/children to adult chaperons should be one adult to every ten students. Young children, grade 2 or lower, one adult for every seven or eight children might be considered.
Adopted: July 6, 1999
Revised: March 24, 2009
The Most Reverend Edward K. Braxton
Bishop of Belleville