Diocesan Board of Education
Diocese of Belleville
Teachers will be evaluated once a semester or twice a year by the principal. This evaluation process will include consultation, observation and documentation in accordance with the Diocesan Office of Education guidelines.
- Two formal evaluations shall be conducted for all teachers with less than five years experience.
- Teachers with more than four years experience shall have one formal evaluation, and at least one informal evaluation each year.
- After each formal evaluation, a post conference is to be held with the teacher.
- When a new principal is hired, ALL TEACHERS, regardless of experience, shall be formally evaluated twice a year for three years.
- YEAR-END EVALUATION FORM (TE-Year End2) is to be completed on all teachers and a copy sent to the Office of Education by April 15. All other evaluations are to remain in the local school office. Each teacher is to receive a copy of his/her evaluations.
Approved: July 1, 1994
Revised: May 23, 2002