Diocesan Board of Education
Diocese of Belleville
It is the directive of the Diocesan Board of Education that all Catholic elementary schools and high schools in the Diocese have a written policy concerning the retaining of faculty members when there is a shift in enrollment.
It is suggested that the following criteria be adhered to in this order:
- Illinois state teacher license in the grade level/subject is needed. When Illinois state teacher license is not available the appropriate educational degree in the applicable field is needed.
- Teaching abilities -- as determined by the principal through an evaluation process as outlined by diocesan procedures, as stated in the Principal's Handbook.
- Subject area/s and grade level in which teacher/s are needed and teacher/s experience in subject and grade area.
- Evidence of on-going participation in Catechist Certification.
- Evidence of continued professional growth -- advanced degrees and on-going educational workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Number of years taught at the school.
- Teaching experience.
Adopted: May 8, 1993
Revised: May 15, 2012
The Most Reverend Edward K. Braxton
Bishop of Belleville