Diocesan Board of Education
Diocese of Belleville
BUSINESS AND NON-INSTRUCTIONAL OPERATIONS
- Tuition Fees - Parish Assessment for Neighboring Parishes of Elementary Schools K-8
- Schools K-8 are to notify the parents of students from neighboring parishes that the Parents are to provide a statement from their pastor that verifies they are members of that parish.
- Pastors and parish councils are to establish criteria for determining active parish membership.
- For families with more than one child in the school K-8, the parish fee could be determined on a per family basis rather than on per student cost. (i.e. Total cost: divided by the number of families minus tuition fees. Parish pays 80% of the remaining amount).
- Parishes without schools will have a designated parish school K-8 which their parishioners can attend according to Policy 3240.2. If a parent selects another parish school, the parent will be responsible for the full cost of the child's education. The Office of Education will provide a listing for parishes that are designated as neighboring parishes linked to a specific parish school.
- Parishes with schools should have the designated neighboring parishes fully represented on the local parish board of education.
- Exceptions to this policy must be granted by the Bishop.
Approved:June 6, 1988
Revised:November 11, 2009
The Most Reverend Edward K. Braxton
Bishop of Belleville